Note that references used for your research need to be peer-reviewed/scholarly journals. These journals typically have the following characteristics:
1. Articles are reviewed by a panel of experts before they are accepted for publication.
2. Articles are written by a scholar or specialist in the field.
3. Articles report on original research or experimentation.
4. Are often published by professional associations.
5. Utilize terminology associated with the discipline.
For the purposes of this paper, you will pick a high profile criminal from the list below and explain the biological, situational, and developmental factors that contributed to this criminal's behavior to include geographical mobility, Victimology, and M.O./Signature.
The paper is to be in 6th ed. APA format and the body of the paper is to be between 8 and 10 pages. The body of the paper does not include the title page, abstract or references. A minimum of five sources should be used but you are encouraged to use more. Academic references should not be older than ten years.
Examples of Possible Criminal Profiles
David Berkowitz (son of sam)
Dennis Rader (BTK)
John Wayne Gacy Aileen Wuornos
Once you have chosen one of the above use the APUS library to findat least five,peer-reviewed articles that cover your chosen person from the list above.
1. Give a thorough description of the criminal's background (life story).
2. Utilize course material to explain the criminal's behavior.
3. Discuss how psychological theories and research contributed to the apprehension, prosecution, understanding and/or treatment of this criminal.