- Identify a current issue being debated about the American healthcare system.
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem.
- Evaluate which one is preferable.
- Address the responsibilities of each level of government, which are federal, state, and local. (Most of the essay will be about the federal government).
- 300 word minimum length, not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Incorporation of concepts and terms from the required readings.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it's APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
- See the essay rubric for further details on grading.
This is part one of the class project assessments. Click here to see the overview of the assignments.
Complete a research essay on the government and healthcare. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
The U.S. healthcare system has been a controversial topic for decades. Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
Writing tip - Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Avoid using "I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, you, your").