IFSM 310 3D Printing Stage 4 Assignment
Before you begin this assignment, be sure you:
It is now a year later, and Mark has opened his two new facilities in Memphis, Tennessee, and Phoenix,
Arizona. All three locations are operating almost around the clock to create 3D printed accessibility and
assistive devices. Mark and his father are planning to open several more facilities, also located near
Veterans Administration Hospitals and rehab facilities.
Mark does not want to continue to increase his IT infrastructure at the original location and has decided
to move all of his systems and files to a cloud service provider. You have recommended that since he
has everything set up the way he wants it and the systems are performing well for him, that he just
move what he has to an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud provider. Before Mark agrees to this, he
wants to understand more about just how that would work, using his current systems and locations. He
also has a lot of questions about how the communications systems work, and he wants to understand
the protocols, the architecture and the four-layer TCP model.
Use the following outline for your paper:
1. Provide an opening paragraph as an introduction that explains what is contained in the paper.
(You might write this after you develop the rest of your paper.)
2. Explain what IT infrastructure changes will occur at the original location by telling Mark which
components will be located at the IaaS cloud provider's location and what will remain at his
facility. Explain any changes that are needed at the two remote locations in order to use the
IaaS cloud services. Provide a list of which components will be located at the cloud location, at
Mark's primary facility, and at the two remote locations.
3. Create an original graphical representation showing the cloud provider and the three current
locations. The show which components will be located at the cloud provider's site and which will
remain at the three locations. Label each component and the locations.
4. List the protocol involved for each communication link in the design, including internet
connectivity, wired connections, and wireless connections. Be sure to include security
protocols, as appropriate to the infrastructure design you created and the components you
5. Explain the concept of a layered systems architecture to aid in communications and the benefit
of a layered architecture such as the TCP or OSI model.
6. Using the four-layer TCP model, explain what each layer's function is and how it will apply when
Mark uses his ERP information system that will be located at the cloud service provider's
7. Using the four-layer TCP model, explain what happens when a packet of information travels
from the server at the cloud provider to a tablet device at Mark's facility. Be sure to identify the
points at which each of the layers of the model is the primary enabler of the communication.
Get Free Quote!
419 Experts Online