1. Write the equation of a circle with the given radius, and its
centre at (2, 3).
2. A circle with a radius of 15.5 cm is drawn on a large piece of
cardboard. A central angle of 65° is drawn. What is the length of the arc subtended by this angle,
rounded to the nearest tenth of a cm?
3. Find the
angular velocity in radians per second of a point on a bicycle tire if it
completes 5 revolutions in 3 seconds
4. A Ferris wheel with a radius of 12.5 m makes 5 rotations every
a. Find the average angular speed of the
wheel in radians/second
b. How far does a rider travel if the ride
lasts for 3 minutes?
5. A vehicle has tires that are 75 cm in diameter.
A point is marked on the edge of the tire. Determine the measure through which
the point turns every second if the vehicle is travelling at 110km/h. Give your
answer in radians and degree
6. The point D(-8, –13) lies on the terminal arm of an angle q in
standard position. What is the exact value of each trigonometric ratio for θ
7. . If tan θ = ( quadrant III) find
the remaining trigonometric ratios. Show the diagram
8. .What is the exact value of csc
9. If cot x =
- and sin x is positive, find the exact value of cos x and sin x
10. Determine the exact
measure of the other five trigonometric ratios under the given conditions
csc = - 0 ≤ θ
11. Given in standard position
with its terminal arm in the stated quadrant find the exact values of the
remaining five trigonometric ratios.
sec = - ,
12. Find the exact value of cos 7500
one cycle of a sinusoidal function, a maximum occurs at (3, 10) and a minimum
occurs at (8, -2). Find the equation of
the function in the form y = a cos (b(x – c)) + d in radians
14. Find the domain, range, period, phase shift, amplitude and vertical
displacement of the following sine graph.
Write the equation in the form y = a sin b(x-x) +d and y = a cosb(x- c) +d
15. At the bottom of its rotation, the tip
of the blade on a windmill is 9 m above the ground. At the top of its rotation,
the blade tip is 24 m above the ground. The blade rotates once every 5s.
bug is perched on the tip of the blade when the tip is at its lowest point.
a. Determine the cosine equation of the
graph for the bug’s height over time?
b. What is the bug’s height after 4s?
c. For how long is the bug more than 17m
above the ground?
16. The height, h in metres, above the
ground of a rider on a Ferris wheel after t seconds can be modelled by the sine
function h(t) = 12 sin +15
a) Determine the maximum and the minimum
height of the rider above the ground
b) Determine the time required by the rider
to complete one revolution
c) Determine the height of the rider above
the ground after 45 s
17. The pendulum of a grandfather clock
swings with a periodic motion that can be represented by a trigonometric
function. At rest, the pendulum is 17 cm above the base. The highest point of
the swing is
22 cm above the base, and it takes 2 s for the pendulum to swing back and forth
once. Assume that the pendulum is released from its highest point.
a) Write a cosine equation that models the
height of the pendulum as a function of time.
18. Determine the exact measure of each angle.
cos( 2(x - 450)) + 8 = 10 ,
b. sin2x = cos x –
c. 3 csc x-sin x =2,
d. . sin2x = 2cosx cos2x ,
3. What is the exact value of
b. tan 1650
19. Given .What is the value of
(3x) = 4 cos3( x) - 3 cos( x)