Topic: Prosperity Bank in TX
Data information for Prosperity Bank in TX and other banksView or download data for individual institutions - FFIEC Central Data Repository's Public Data Distribution
Supporting Articles/Content:Investment Valuation 3rd Edition: Entry Page
Excel Sheet to be filled out with Prosperity Bank data as well as two competitors' data. The two competitors are listed on the excel sheet (see attached) .. and all data can be found on the first link in this email - FFIEC site.
Listed below are the 3 questions associated with the assignment .......
Week 2 - Technical Analysis and Enterprise Value Ratios:
The purpose of this note is to carefully explain the general expectations and requirements for the Technical Analysis and Enterprise Value Ratios Valuation Assignment that is to be prepared for FINC 440. The information and materials presented here are intended to make sure that you clearly understand the general expectations and that there are no misunderstandings about what is to be done and what is expected.
Please review this material so that you are familiar with the specific requirements that are being followed in the preparation and submission of the Assignment.
This Assignment comprises 15% of the final course grade. It will take some time and effort to produce high-quality analysis.
1. Using at least 6 commonly used indicators, conduct a Technical Analysis of the common stock of the company that you selected to study. Explain the purpose and how to interpret each of the indicators.
Then, explain what each of the indicators suggests about the value of the company’s stock now and in the future.
2. Prepare an analysis of Equity Enterprise Value (and the EV/EBITDA ratio). Report the results of both analyses and explain what they mean?
3. Based on all of the indicators, is the stock of the company overvalued or undervalued?
Submission: Submit to Gradebook and Post a Copy in the Discussion Section of the Online Classroom.
Required Outline & Other Information about the Assignments –
1. Work Hard to Avoid Personal Pronouns – The excessive use of personal pronouns is discouraged in business and analytical writing. It is recommended that personal pronouns are avoided altogether, if possible. Please make sure that personal pronouns (e.g., I, we, my, our, etc.) are avoided in the paper.It will take some work, but it can be done easily by rearranging the wording of sentences.
2. Companies Are Not “They,” “They're,” or “Them” – This is a reminder that a company is not a “they,” “their,” or “them.”A company is very much an “it.”So, to reference a company, use “it,” the name of the company, or “the company,” or “the organization,” or “the firm,” etc.
3. Outline for Paper –Students must use the required outline for this assignment.The closer that the paper conforms to the required outline, the better! The outline is presented in the next section.
4. Evaluation Rubric – An evaluation rubric is available for the Assignments. It will be used to evaluate the Assignments. The rubric shows the important components that must be included in the papers. It is a good idea to take a look at the rubric and make sure that each Assignment addresses the requirements. A copy is posted with each Assignment in the online classroom.
5. Subheadings – Each section of the paper must begin with a sub-heading.Please use the sub-headings included in the required outline (presented in the next section).
Here is the Required Outline (It must be used for each Assignment) -
The five class Assignments are intended to be constructive learning experiences. They are designed to show students how to prepare analytical reports in finance using critical thinking, research, and writing skills. The following outline is to be used for each Assignment; these titles are the required subheadings for the sections of the written report:
1. Cover Page - Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
2.Introduction – The introduction must include:
(a) A review of the Assignment purpose, research methods and the principal information sources, and other information related to the completion of the analysis.
(b) The introduction should also include an overview of the sections of the paper that follow. (1/2 to 1 page)
3. Analysis Section – The body of the report is to address the assigned topics and questions. It is essential that students include appropriate in-text reference citations in APA format:
4.Summary / Conclusion – The summary or conclusion should review the major observations, conclusions, and recommendations developed in the analysis.No new material should be introduced in this section. (1/2 to 1 page)
6. References – Provide a list of references in APA format.