Business Negotiations Questions
Answer with no less than 50 words.
1. Power of Information
The informational source of power is considered the most important power in negotiation. Explain why negotiators prefer information over any other form of power in the negotiation process. Provide an example of how the power of information can be used in negotiation.
2. Western vs. Asian Cultures
Analyze how the FIVE listed below and explain how they influence Western culture. For example, Americans view negotiating as a
competitive process and signing a contract. Be specific and provide examples
3. The firm's self-supporting growth rate is influenced by the firm's capital intensity ratio. The more assets the firm requires to achieve a certain sales level, the lower its sustainable growth rate will be. Many experts argue that it is better for an organization to grow organically or by putting the money back into the business and not taking on debt. Consider your own organization that you currently work for or have worked for in the past. What is their approach to growing the business? How would you advise your company based on what you have learned this week in terms of self-supporting growth?
4. Managerial entrenchment occurs when managers gain so much power that they can use the firm to further their own interests rather than the interests of shareholders. The shareholders are essential to the organization. For this discussion, consider that you are the CEO of a large public-traded organization. What steps would you take to ensure that your management team makes decisions for the better of the stakeholders and not their own interests? Provide specific steps based on your research of organizations that have faced this issue in the past.
5. Interest rate risk is the risk that changes in interest rates (in the U.S. or other world markets) may reduce (or increase) the market value of an investment that you might hold. As an investor now or in the future, what are steps that you would take to mitigate the risk of interest rate risk? Do you believe age and current economic status play a role in how much interest rate risk investors can tolerate? Discuss your reasoning.
6. Compare and contrast the decisions that are consistent with the firm’s share price maximization goals. In your response, provide at least two peer-reviewed sources to support your answers. As we have discussed, one of the main goals of the organization is to maximize the profits in the organization to increase the firm’s share price. Consider your own organization or a previous organization, what goals were set to maximize the profits? Did these goals come at the “cost” of other important goals for the organization? Discuss your experiences.
Get Free Quote!
385 Experts Online