Read the following case material that is attached
- Toyota TMMC Case Study for Lexus RX 330 line
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Alabama, Inc. (TMMAL)
Toyota Motor Manufacturing de Baja California (TMMBC)
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana, Inc. (TMMI)
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. (TMMK)
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, West Virginia, Inc. (TMMWV)
New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc. (NUMMI)
- please note that all seven sites have current production facilities for Toyota, and they are going to decide the ranking of each production facility for RX330.
- To do this, you need to complete at least three different methods below
- 1. Simple Arithmetic Method (SAM) - or called Simple Grid Analysis
- 2. AHP method with the consistency ratio (CR)
- 4. Or any other combined method?
- Note that you need to consider this as a business problem! (This is not for you to demonstrate your knowledge on any tool). Therefore, any oversimplified or unrealistic approach will not be considered as an effective solution.
- You may visit Toyota's website or Wikipedia to obtain more site specific information.
- Contrast results from each method, analyze the gap.
We consider a new production line for Lexus RX 330 line. Currently Toyota has seven production facilities (see below) and they would like to add a RX 330 production line to one of those facilities selected. As described in the case, we are considering the following alternative locations:
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Canada, Inc (TMMC)