Leadership in Organizations – Week #4 Questions
1. What do you consider your own strengths and weaknesses for a leadership position?
2. How might a leader deal with a subordinate who is perpetually rude, insensitive, and disrespectful to others?
3. Why is it so hard for people to change their assumptions? Discuss specific reasons why leaders need to be aware of their mental models.
5. Discuss the stages of team development. As the leader of a virtual team, how would you facilitate the team's development through each stage?
7. A management consultant said that strategic leaders are concerned with vision and mission, while strategic managers are concerned with strategy. Discuss whether you agree or disagree with this statement.
8. Is the world really changing faster today, or do people just assume so?