1. What is your definition of compensation?
2. How do perspectives on compensation differ, and why does that matter?
3. What forms of payment are used in your organization, and are they effective in motivating performance?
4. Look at the compensation strategies of Google, Nucor, and Merrill Lynch. Discuss these companies' compensation strategies, and see whether there is a fit between organization and strategy.
5. Are the business conditions, customers served, and employee skills the same for each? If not, how are they different?
6. What are the compensation strategies used by your organization (or the last company you worked with)?