Essay is one of the crucial aspect of every student life. Every student has write an essay once in their academic life. In this blog, we will going to share with you all the major types of essay that exist in the world. Here we start with the definition of an essay:-
What is an Essay?
An essay is usually a small section of writing outlining the writer’s view. In other words, it is a written way for a person to share its views with others.
And the word ‘essay’ is derived from the word ‘exagium’ which is the Latin word whose meaning is the ‘presentation of a case’. There are two types of essay in the world. The first one is formal, and the other one is informal. Formal essays are usually educational and take serious matters. And Informal essays are more intimate and often have humorous factors. There are some types of essay that are:
Types of Essay
A definition essay is one of the main types of essay, and it defines what the term means and its concept. The connotation is showing the implied meaning of a term. Denotation is showing the dictionary meaning of a term.
A definition essay is a rhetorical style essay. It includes various techniques that help you to impress the reader. It helps you to clear the meaning of a term, idea, or concept of your essay to the reader’s mind. In other words, the structure of the definition essay is to define the team, concept, and ideas clearly to the user’s mind. In the definition essay, you can use one or more definitions within a single essay. You can start with a simple definition. After that, you can also use the extended definition. There are plenty of ways that can be used to extend a definition in your essay.
Effective Definition Essay Steps:
- Tell the users about the term of your essay.
- Start with the basic information.
- Use examples to make the readers understand easily.
Choosing a Definition
Choosing a definition is an essential step in writing a definition essay. Before writing for others, firstly, you have to understand it properly. Read the dictionary and explain the term in short, and don’t copy it, write it in your own words.
Write an Effective Thesis Statement
We know that the thesis plays an essential role in the definition essay. It works as a root of an essay. And in the definition essay thesis statement plays an essential role in defining the term. The introduction is the reflection of the background information. There should be a strong hook in the essay. It is the thesis statement that gives the main points of the definition.
A descriptive essay is an essay that is used to describe something. In other words, if you want to explain something with the help of your essay, then you can use descriptive essays. If you write the descriptive essay with perfection, then it will make your reader feel the same emotions as the writer was feeling at the moment of writing an essay.
Descriptive Essay Qualities:
- The language should be clear and brief.
- Use the relevant Images to make things look real.
- Use all your Senses.
How to Write a Descriptive Essay:
A descriptive essay can describe any of the following issues:
Human essay: It is more difficult to tell about a person. Because whenever we are going to write a human essay, then we should take all the activities, activities, behaviors, and characteristics of the chosen individual in our action.
Place essay: Place essay is all about the focus; you should try to focus on describing the place with the most breathtaking venues. Thus the readers can imagine and feel about the cities with the help of your description.
Event essay: You can describe your last vacation, summer music festival, graduation day, or Euro trip.
Occupation essay: Writing about your dream job is good training before preparing a job resume.
Elements of a Descriptive Essay
A descriptive essay has five elements that are Sensory Details, FigurativeLanguage, dominant impression, precise language, and Careful Organization.
- Sensory Details: As the name suggests, good descriptive writing includes many clear details that should point to the sensory of human beings. You should affect the readers’ senses of sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste with the help of your content.
- Figurative Language: You should also use the figurative language within your descriptive essay. Because it helps you to draw a clear picture in the reader’s mind.
- Dominant Impression: You should also try to make the readers’ experience what you have experienced with the help of the essay. You can also work on some of the areas that feel the reader what you feel and so on.
- Precise Language: Don’t ignore the importance of precise language in descriptive writing. You can use some of the words and phrases that will help the readers to have an idea that what you are presenting.
- Content Organisation: You should always try to keep all the content of your descriptive writing organized in the proper format. Some ways to create a descriptive essay include time, location, and order importance.
The narrative essay is all about telling the story to the readers. Most of the time, narrative essays contain real-life stories. When writing a narrative essay, the writer tried to involve the reader by making the story as clear as possible.
How to Write a Narrative Essay
- The narrative essay should contain all the parts of the story; it should not be incomplete. You should include the introduction, characters, climax, and even the conclusion.
- If the narrative essay is not written as a story, then it is not necessary to follow the pattern of the story.
- Your essay should have a definitive purpose.
- Use clear and brief language throughout the essay.
- Be organized and make sure your readers can follow what you want to convey.
Narrative Essay Elements
A narrative essay has three crucial elements. These elements are character, theme, and dialogue.
- Character: Characters play a crucial role in a narrative essay. When you are writing the autobiographical essay, then you can also involve other characters in your story to make it a more effective essay.
- Theme: A narrative essay turns around a theme. The thesis statement contains the theme of the essay. Which further breaks the essay into three different pieces of evidence.
- Dialogue: Dialogue is used to catch the communication between characters. In a narrative essay, the dialogue is the third essential part, without which the characters lose their liveliness.
The expository essay is an informative part of the essay that shows a balanced analysis of a topic. In an expository essay, the writer describes a topic, using facts, statistics, and examples. Expository writing encompasses a wide range of essay varieties, such as the comparison and contrast essay. Expository essays are based on facts and not their feelings, and writers don’t show their emotions in the essay.
How to Write an Expository Essay
When writing your expository essay, follow these basic steps:
- Select a topic and be sure that the topic is small and sufficient to make within the space of an essay.
- Write a thesis sentence, and be sure that the thesis sentence expresses the main idea that is not too wide to be developed effectively.
- Select the development method.
- Organize the essay means listing the body paragraph.
- Write the body paragraph of the essay.
- In the end, write a paragraph of the conclusion.
Elements of a Expository Essay
These are the basic elements of the expository essay:
- Make sure that the quality of the content should be good means to say whatever you write firstly analyze it properly then write about it.
- Make sure that the clarity of the content should be good means to say whatever you write it should be easily understandable by the reader.
- Organize the expository essay accurately.
- All sentences or lines you write in the paragraph must relate the content that you want to tell the audience in your essay.
The goal of the persuasive essay is to convert the reader to accept the writer’s point of view or suggestion. The writer must create a case using data and logic, and by using examples. The writer should display all sides of the argument but must be able to communicate and without equivocation why a particular position is correct. Simply we can say that the persuasive essay means to convince the target audience to do something or not do something.
How to Write a Persuasive Essay:
When writing your persuasive essay, follow these basic steps:
- Take a stance and know your audience means if your readers will agree with your point and why they may not. You must be able to understand both sides of the problem in order to argue your point of view successfully.
- Research your topic completely because the point of a persuasive essay is to give accurate data—you should be able to disprove the opposing argument. It will likely be necessary to undertake library-based research in order to accomplish this.
- Think about the structure of your essay Determine what data you will include and the order in which you will show it. And it must be logical.
- Use hard facts to support your argument.
Elements of a Persuasive Essay
There are basically five types of elements that are:
- Make your position clear and make your research small in focus. It can be a claim, fact, definition, solution, or a call of judgment
- Catch the reader’s concentration with some background information on the topic means to say there should be good communication between you and your audience.
- Be sure whatever you have written, all matter is on fact-based. Don’t write anything in your essay about which you don’t have any solid argument to support your essay.
- Organize your persuasive essay accurately, and it should have its structure clear. If the structure of your essay is not clear, then it is difficult to understand your readers/audience. So make sure while writing the persuasive essay, the structure of the essay should be clear.
- Make your conclusion logically based on your arguments.
- The Importance Of Professional Essay Writers
- The Comprehensive Guide On How To Write An Analytical Essay
Now we have seen all the major types of essay that exist in the world. We have also seen how to write these types of essay. You should keep in mind that you should choose the essay format as per the requirements.
If you want to have the best thesis writing help from at nominal charges, then we are here to help you. We are offering help in thesis writing to the students. You can get the best help from the thesis writing helper to get world-class help with writing thesis statements. Avail the best deal in help with writing thesis
Our CallTutors content team provides complete guidance on how to write your assignment, thesis, essay, dissertation, and so on excellently. We are in this field for the past ten years, and all our team has experienced experts. They all are qualified from top universities in the world. Don’t worry about the timing! We are available 24/7 for your help. Moreover, our team also clears your doubts regarding any topic.
“CallTutors= Call anytime & get best Tutors guidance.”