the book is called A Framework for Marketing Management (6th edition), 2016. by Phillip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller
Chapter 9 discusses the product life cycle
General Mills is the company!
- Read Chapter 9 of the textbook.
- Using the company you selected in Workshop One, respond to the following in your weekly marketing analysis paper:
- The company is general mills
- Select a product or service from the company’s product offering. Explain how you recognize its stage in the product life cycle (PLC). How do you recognize when a product may be transitioning to another stage? Why is this important?
- What new product or service would you suggest for this company based on the above product’s position in the PLC? Why?
- Choose a product line of the company. What is the product attributes that are dimensions for positioning on a positioning matrix? For example, price and quality. Identify three pairs of product attributes and fully explain your rationale for these attributes.
- Download the Positioning Matrices PowerPoint file. Using the three pairs of product attributes you identified in the previous step, chart the product-line of the company and one of its competitors on three positioning matrices. Create one matrix for each pair of attributes.
- Based on your positioning matrices, which product strategy do you suggest to reposition the product?
- Use clear, insightful, detailed critical thinking in your responses.
- Paper Requirements:
- Length: five – six pages plus three positioning matrices.
- Research requirements: 10 research sources. Sources must be credible and from the last five years.
- Your paper should use proper spelling, grammar, and APA formatting.
- If appropriate, these sources can be used in subsequent Weekly Marketing Analysis Papers. Hint: Look ahead at the topics for this series of papers. When you conduct your research for this paper; you will likely identify possible research sources for future papers.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox by the end of the worksh