Please, please, please use Appendix 1 in the course outline to format and structure your analysis.
Include the following information in your case analysis and make sure that all sections listed in
Appendix 1 are included in your submission.
1. Assess Barry Gross, the founder and President of Billcutterz.com? How has Gross performed as
the President of the company as it progressed from new venture into its current growth phase?
2. Regarding Billcutterz.com’s current operations, what are its strengths and weaknesses? What
resources, capabilities and core competencies greatly benefit the company? In what areas is the
company potentially weak or require managerial attention? What is your overall conclusion
regarding Billcutterz.com’s current operations?
3. Conduct an analysis of Billcutterz.com’s financial statements. Where is the company strong
and/or growing? Where is the company weak? What is your opinion regarding why the company
may be weak in this area? What is your overall assessment of the current financial condition of
4. What is Billcutterz.com’s stage in the new venture life cycle? Why? What, as a result, is the
greatest challenge for Billcutterz.com as a result? What potential steps will Billcutterz.com need
to take in order to address this challenge?
5. Briefly summarize the operational and strategic issues faced by Billcutterz.com, and consider the
options that Barry Gross has to address these issues. What are your recommendations regarding
the course of action that Billcutterz.com and Barry Gross should take to address these key
strategic and operational issues?
Case Study Report’s Format
The format for all case study reports is detailed below. In the elaboration of each of these sections,
the student should include concepts from the chapter covered in the course.
Strategic Group Map, driving forces of industry change, etc.
Analysis of financial data for two to three years (Include of the income
the ement, balance sheet using appropriate financial ratios. Financials for some
companies can be found in the company’s annual reports or from sources like
Yahoo Finance, etc.)