Assignment 3 Reminders
· You have been given 3 questions. All 3 questions have been completed for you in terms of the R output but to fully answer the questions, you may have to perform some hand calculations. Make sure to interpret the output as requested in each question. Please do not include the output that is given to you in the assignment handout as a part of your own assignment.
· All assignment questions map onto to specific concepts discussed in workshop. Remember that workshop videos and documents walk you through how to tell what a research question is asking, what the corresponding R output means, and provides APA examples of appropriate formal write ups. These folders are a great resource for you!
Statistical write-ups in general should include the following:
· State the interest of the question
· Define the variables e.g. students’ stress scores (STRESS) were…
· Describe the groups (range of scores & number in each, M & SD if applicable)
· Discuss assumptions if needed. State the result, tell me what it means and make a comment about going ahead or not with the parametric test
· Name the test used
· Report the statistical result (2 decimal places, APA formatted- symbols in italics!). Frequencies are reported in whole numbers.
· Seque way into discussing post hocs if need be
· Concluding/summarizing statement- interpret the results in words. What does it mean?
· Provide discussion about graphs if asked for and make sure to answer any additional questions posed in the assignment
· Write up everything that was necessary to do- grouping included! Make sure to describe the groups that were created (N, range), make sure to read the question carefully to answer all components
· State statistical tests in APA format and interpret!