Utilizing the course resources and library, select and research an employment law case no great than five (5) years old. Write a 2-3 page case brief in which you:
1) Determine the issue of the case.
2) Explain the employment law (rule) in the case.
3) Discuss the court's analysis of the facts.
4) State the conclusion.
5) Evaluate the type of impact the violation had on the organization then determine two (2) ways the organization could mitigate the issue. Justify your response.
6) Based on your research, determine if a policy was or was not in place during the violation. Then, recommend communication for all employees to enhance the knowledge of the policy. Support your response.
Your assignment must be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA.
The specific learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
1) Determine employment laws that apply to the selection, development, and management of employees.
2) Evaluate policies and processes that promote a diverse workforce.
3) Develop policies that are compliant with employment laws.
4) Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
5) Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanics.