Evaluate, configure and manage
the security of SaaS resources.
- - Investigate and analyse in-depth the security challenges associated with cloud deployment models and cloud delivery models in order to evaluate and devise strategies for securing cloud-based systems.
- - Recommend and evaluate solutions to detect, mitigate and prevent security breaches to cloud-based systems.
For this assignment, you are required to deploy a web application hosted on a Cloud platform. You must decide which cloud platform (e.g., Azure, AWS) to use for deployment of your application.
You must also decide which application you wish to deploy. It is not necessary to develop a new application for this project – you can deploy one of the pre-canned application environments available on your chosen cloud platform (e.g., a Wordpress site).
- You must complete a security report detailing how relevant security principles and protocols have been implemented and tested in order to defend the system you have deployed against breaches in integrity and security. On completion, you will document the process and reflect on it through the deliverables listed in the next section.
You have to submit the following deliverables through Moodle: Consult Moodle for deadline
A separate 6-8 pages report using the IEEE Conference template*. The report should include:
1. Your approach to implement security in the system
2. Rational choice and use of security tools, methodologies, frameworks and benchmark methods
3. Documentation of your testing methods and procedures
4. Risk ratings in your system and full risk assessments
5. Outcomes of your security analysis and practical implementation http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Consult Moodle for Presentation Date Presentations / Demo: A presentation should be uploaded to Moodle by end of day of the day prior to the presentation date.