Assignment 1: Part A: Your Marketing Plan
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
At the end of this course, you will have created a marketing plan for a hypothetical product-based
company. Each assignment focuses on a different section of the overall marketing plan. For Assignment
1, you will compile information on the company’s background information, an environmental analysis,
your company’s short and long-term goals, and a SWOT analysis.
For information on Website analytics, visit Google Analytics at http://www.google.com/analytics/why/.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Write an introduction to your company. Describe your company, its location, and the product it makes
or the service it provides.
2.Develop an environmental analysis that includes competitive, economic, political, legal, technological,
and sociocultural forces.
3. Determine the primary and secondary target markets for your company. Next, analyze the primary
and secondary target markets that you identified for your company. Be sure to cover the 4Ps, 5Cs and
4. Decide the main goals that you would like to achieve within the next year (short term) and the mains
goals that you would like to achieve within the next five (5) years (long term). Determine the most
appropriate ways to measure both short- and long-term goals. Note: Consider the following metrics:
tracking downloads of the Website content, Website visitors, increases in market share, customer value,
new product adoption rates, retention, rate of growth compared to the competition and the market,
margin, and customer engagement.
5. Develop both a SWOT analysis and needs analysis for your product. Each analysis should examine four
(4) strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for your company.
6. Use at least four (4) academic resources as quantitative marketing research to determine the
feasibility of your product/service. These resources should be industry-specific and relate to your
chosen product/service. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides;
citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any