Part I – Research Paper: MY RFID TOPIC IS ON AUTO INDUSTRY I have attached the my Research
paper on the RFID standards in selected industry Each student is required to research and collect data and
information regarding an RFID system that can be integrated into a specific business process to solve a
problem in their individual industry, career or field of study.
The paper does not require the researcher/author to include a significant amount of technical data about
the system, but rather information about the business justification, planning, purchasing, installing, and
maintaining of the system.
The paper should include:
An Introduction – specific description of the business problem that the RFID system will be used to
improve or enhance.
- An overview of the chosen RFID system including:
- Basics of the RFID components that were chosen
- Any advances in RFID that are used in the system
- Any Industry Standards that are used in the system
- Benefits and/or disadvantages of the RFID system
- Security concerns or practices associated with the RFID system
- Impact of implementation - A description of administrative procedures – human and process changes; any Changes in Organization policies or enhancements to include training requirements
- Appendices (Documentation could include: business case, project plan, etc
- In this research paper and students are encouraged to look both inside and outside the box for gaining
- knowledge about RFID.
- Much of the information gathered will be through research and should be documented appropriately.
Part II –Presentation:
Students will prepare a 5-10 minute presentation that discusses the industry challenges, the business case
and specifics about the RFID system selected or recommended. Students will include detailed speaking
notes along with the PowerPoint slides as if they were actually presenting the material in front of the class.
- Keep your format simple and direct
- Include graphics and/or diagrams in your paper where appropriate
- A minimum of five (peer review - journal articles or books) references
- APA format should be followed in regards to references, personal communications, citations, headings, and quotations
- Include a title page, table of contents (with any figures and/or tables listed), abstract, the main body of your
- research, and references, and appendices as needed (business case, project plan, etc)
- The student will submit the research paper and a 5-10 minute presentation that discusses the industry
- the challenge, the business case and specifics about the RFID system selected or recommended before the
start of week 7.