1. Search the Internet for information describing the transformational role for HR. (Keywords – transformational role and human resources). If you experience difficulty finding information, contact the course facilitator.
2. Start your paper with an Introduction paragraph providing context for your paper.
3. Write three to four pages using a 12 point font describing the difference between transactional and transformational roles in relation to human resources and then provide and thoroughly explain four examples of what HR can do to contribute as a strategic business partner to the overall success of the organization. Note the key word here is strategic.
4. With all of your course work and additional research for this paper, also include one page comparing your prior impressions of the role of human resources with what you now know.
5. You will finish your paper by sharing your thoughts on what skills your think an HR manager needs to have or develop to be successful in this position. Provide rationale.
6. Your assignment must be consistent with the writing style outlined in APA standards. You are required to have an Introduction to your work and then proper headings that will organize your thoughts, and break up each section of your report – note: see marking criteria below. You will include appropriate source citations for information or ideas that are being borrowed from someone else and you must include a reference list of the work cited at the end of your report using APA formatting.
7. Submit your document through the Assignment 1 Dropbox, ensuring that it has been checked for spelling and grammar and include a title page with your name, the assignment name and course name.