Human Resource Management
Assignment – AUH 2020
UNIT TITLE / CODE: ___________________________________________________
NAME (in Full): ___________________________________________________
● If assignment is not submitted on date, will follow with penalty of 10% deduction of marks for every day.
● Similarity between students work is strictly not accepted, any student found with similar work will be graded Zero and fail for the course. However, Plagiarism is an academic offence and will not be tolerated under ABS
● Assignment once submitted to exam board is final for marking.
● Total 100 marks
1. If assignment is Question & Answer based then.
· Introduction is needed for each question.
· Question has to be answered based on the mark allotted for each question with references if any idea or information is taken from other source.
2. If assignment is case based then,
· Executive summary
· Table of content
· Body of assignment (questions related to case need to be answered)
· Conclusion / Recommendation if any
· References (in-text + citation) to be used.
Plagiarism is a form of cheating, by representing someone else's work as your own or using someone else's work (another student or author) without acknowledging it with a reference. This is a serious breach of the Academic Regulations and will be dealt with accordingly. Students found to have plagiarised can be excluded from the program.
Plagiarism occurs whenever you do any of the following things without acknowledging the original source:
ü Copy information from any source (including the study guide, books, newspapers, the internet)
ü Use another person's concepts or ideas
ü Summarise or paraphrase another person's work.
To ensure you are not plagiarising, you must acknowledge with a reference whenever you:
ü use another person's ideas, opinions or theory
ü include any statistics, graphs or images that have been compiled or created by another person or organization
ü Paraphrase another's written or spoken word.
The penalties for plagiarism are:
ü Deduction of marks,
ü A mark of zero for the assignment or the unit, or
ü Exclusion from the program.
Plagiarism is dealt with on a case-by-case basis and the penalties will reflect the seriousness of the breach.
HRM Assignment Instructions:
4. To evaluate and develop appropriate management interventions and strategies to improve HR outcomes for employees and the organisation.
5. To critically identify issues between employee-employer by recommending ethical and effective approaches in solving problems.
Student will investigate the HR practices and processes of a chosen organisation. The following content areas should guide the research process although you are not required to follow this in the same sequential order:
1. Identify and justify a relevant industry and chosen organization (5 Marks)
2. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the HR policies, practices and/or strategies in organization, team working and leadership. (10 Marks)
3. Identify the HR competencies required for effective workforce planning. (10 Marks)
4. Evaluate relevant HR theories enabling effective recruitment and selection, including interviewing techniques. (10 Marks)
5. Discuss the existing HR processes and systems, strategic goals and the effectiveness of the HR processes. (10 Marks)
6. Analyse the pros and cons of compensation, performance management, and career development practices in the organization AND make recommendations for improvement if any. (15 Marks)
7. Critically evaluate and suggest recommendations for improvements in health and safety practices in the organization. (20 Marks)
8. Recommend ethical approaches to HR management. (20 Marks)