This assignment requires you to analyse and interpret the data in the Excel Spreadsheet titled Assignment Data Semester 2 2019, which you will find in the same assessment folder as this document, within Blackboard. DO NOT use any data other than what is provided in the spreadsheet.
You will be analysing data relating to climbing and weather on Mount Rainier, near Seattle in the US. All of the data required is contained in the table on the Excel data file. There are five variables relating to climbing and weather on the mountain.
All questions in this assignment refer only to the data contained in the spreadsheet.
You will be required to use Excel to perform various calculations and to produce graphs and tables. You must use this document to provide your answers, copying graphs and tables from your working Excel document into your Word document as necessary (see instructions below for how to do this). You must submit 2 files for this assignment:
a) Your Working Excel Spreadsheet
· This must contain any working that you have used to arrive at your answers
· This file must be named as follows:
b) Your Word Document with all your answers
· Your answers should be entered on this document and saved as follows:
· All working should be shown on this document
· Either type your working directly into the Word document, or
· If you used Excel for your working, paste a “snip” of your working from Excel into your Word document (instructions for this are below)
· Note that some questions specify how and where to do your working, where this is specified, these instructions must be followed
For full marks, all answers must clearly display not just the answer, but how the answer was achieved. Marks will be deducted where the following is not adhered to:
· You must show all working or give explanations for all answers on the Word Document
· Give all answers to 2 decimal places unless otherwise stated
· Remember to include all relevant information and features to give your answers in full context, eg:
o Give units where appropriate
o Use title rows, total rows, units and any other relevant information on tables
o Label axes, use titles, use appropriate scales and scale breaks if appropriate, give units on graphs and charts
o As a guide, refer to examples within the topic documents to ensure that your work is correctly set out and includes all relevant information
Both the Word and Excel files must be submitted for your submission to be considered complete, however you will only receive marks and feedback on the Word Document, any answers or working not displayed on this document will not be marked.
To Copy a “Snip” from Excel into Word:
You can use this method to paste your graphs, tables and working from Excel into your Assignment Answer Document in Word, however, you are welcome to adopt other methods if you prefer.
Instructions for Windows:
· Search for “Snipping Tool” from the start menu
· Select “new” within the snipping tool
· Use the cursor to select a section of the screen to “snip”
· Click the copy button, or use Ctrl + C
· Go to where you want to place the snip, click there and use Ctrl +V or right click and select “paste” to paste your snip there
Further instructions can be found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
Instructions for Mac Users:
More detailed instructions can be found at https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201361