Update your network diagram to include fault tolerance within the infrastructure. You may need to include additional routers and Layer 3 switches in order to fully implement the plan. Add VLANs and subnet range/subnet IDs or custom subnet masks.
Reproduce your network infrastructure using Cisco Packet Tracer. Based upon your company's needs, you may need to implement VLAN trunking in order to maintain high levels of security and efficiency.
Refer to the instructor for submission requirements.
Use all of the assignments from the Corporate Infrastructure topics to create a comprehensive proposal and training document for your company. You will need to include the following items within your proposal.
1. Recommended infrastructure and technology requirements, with justifications for your decisions
2. Your final network diagram
3. Final configurations for each switch and router
4. Cost analysis (include rough numbers for all networking devices, along with installation/labor hours at $50 per hour)
5. Work breakdown structure
6. Risk analysis that details risk levels and impact information.
7. Research and document at least 3 professional cyber security organizations either government or industry that partner with private organizations to increase security awareness. Why did you select these organizations to partner with your company? How can they help develop training programs?
The objective is to create multiple pathways through which some critical systems can be reached. If for example, the router that connects your corporate office to the internet or the switch your server(s) is connected to fails, your updated diagram should show additional/alternate devices and pathways through which they can be accessible.
You do not have to provide redundancies in every segment of the infrastructure. Focus on those you believe are very critical to the entire network
An example of fault tolerance implementation is STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) discussed in chapter 10 of your textbook
, with at that demonstrate VLAN and VLAN Trunking. identify the configured switches, end devices and VLANs
The first five videos of the following tutorial series will show you how:
If you'd like to configure a router to interconnect VLANs, go through this tutorial:
Your final proposal isa PowerPoint presentation but more like a research paper
• It should be for (and about) the company you chose in week 3
• You will be including contents from some of your previous Network Infrastructure assignments
• It should be written from the perspective of a LAN team that will be responsible for updating the company’s current network infrastructure
• Make and justify assumptions if/when necessary
Here are two sample templates:
. You may have to research on some of them such as “Work breakdown structure” from a project management perspective and “Risk analysis/assessment”
This assignment is worth, higher than any other assignments in the course.