Currently federal legislation has created laws forcing smaller municipalities to have state of the art waste treatment facilities. The CBRM recently upgraded but is not to the new standards. The cost of such upgrades will be $430 million dollars and the CBRM will not be alone in this additional cost.
Write a term paper 6 -8 pages
1. Is this a fair way to treat under financed municipalities
2. From a public health perspective are these measures needed.
3. Is there a way to produce the same results with less cost
4. Should this be population based, eg. Not all cities and towns are the same.
5. What will be the effect if municipalities refuse to abide by the new regulations
6. Why are existing treatments plants currently deemed inadequate even though this design has worked for years