In this blog, we are going to tell you about some biology branches and with the help of these biology branches you are able to understand about the biology branches and these one’s help a lot the students in the future.
What is biology?
Dealing of science with the living object studies and their life processes is called biology. And the word biology is derived from the greek words, that are bios and logos where the meaning of the “bios” is “life” and the meaning of the “logos” is “study”.
There are so many biology branches so it is difficult to learn these biology branches or it is difficult to remember these biology branches. So because of this reason or to ease study biology, these branches are partitioned.
For the ease to study biology is partitioned into the different divisions and with the help of principles that are basic, all the partitions are interrelated to each other. Some of those partitions are “botany” in which comes the plant’s study, “zoology” in which comes the study of animals, “microbiology” in which comes the study of the microorganisms, etc.
Botany (The study of plants)
- Mycology: Mycology is one of the branches of biology. It is the study of fungi and also in this comes the properties that are the biochemical properties and their genetic properties. Or in mycology comes their taxonomy, food, traditional medicine, as well as their dangers, like infection or toxicity.
- Paleobotany: Paleobotany is another one branch of the botany which is part of biology. From the geological context, it deals with the recovery and identification of plants that remain. For the evolutionary history of plants and for the biological reconstruction of the past environment, their use is generally life-changing.
- Horticulture: Horticulture is defined as the agriculture of plants, it is mainly for comfort, nourishment, materials, and beauty for decoration. As indicated by American Horticulturist Liberty Hyde Bailey, “Horticulture is the development of blossoms, natural products like fruits, vegetables and plants for beautification and fantastic.
- Bryology: Bryology is one of the branches of the botany and the scientific study of bryophytes is concerned with it. And the people who have an interest in the recording, researching, classifying, or observing bryophytes are called bryologists.
- Ethnobotany: Ethnobotany is the study of a region’s plants and their uses which are practical uses and all this happens with the help of knowledge of the people and their local traditional culture.
Zoology (The study of animals)
- Entomology: Entomology is the branch of zoology and it is the study of insects. Historically, the entomology definition includes the study of terrestrial animals which are in other arthropod groups or other species such as arachnids, earthworms, land snails, myriapods, and slugs.
- Ichthyology: Ichthyology is one of the main branches of zoology. It is the study of fish. The fishes which it includes are jawless fish, bony fish, cartilaginous fish.
- Ornithology: Ornithology is the zoology branch and it is the study of the birds. Many aspects of the bird’s science are different from topics that are related to them and that is because of the visibility which is high as compared to other birds and the bird’s aesthetic appeal.
- Herpetology: Herpetology is another branch of zoology and it is the study of the amphibians and reptiles. In amphibians come frogs, caecilians, salamanders, toads, and newts. And in reptiles come turtles, lizards, terrapins, snakes, crocodilians, and amphisbaenids.
- Anatomy: Anatomy is the branch of zoology and it is the field in which it investigates the animal internal and external forms. By studying the body form externally of any animal body by the zoologist can easily compare it with the other body forms.
Microbiology (The study of microorganism)
- Bacteriology: Bacteriology is the branch of microbiology and it is the study of morphology, genetics, ecology, and bacteria’s biochemistry and many other things related to them. Bacterial species includes the identification, classification, and nature of bacterial species in the subdivision of the microbiology.
- Protozoology: Protozoology is an important branch of microbiology and it is the study of protozoa. It is the “animal-like” protists and that is only because it is the study of the protozoa.
- Phycology: Phycology is the branch of microbiology and it is the study of algae. Phycology is also called/known as algology. Usually, it is seen as a botany subdiscipline, and the life science branch is phycology. In aquatic ecosystems, like as primary producers, algae is also important. Mostly algae are those who live in a wet environment like eukaryotic, photosynthetic organisms.
- Nematology: Nematology is another important branch of microbiology. It is the study of the nematodes or roundworms. Nematology is the scientific study of the nematodes/roundworms. And these worms are small which is in between the range of 1mm and 40 cm. These worms are found across the globe in many environments.
- Immunology: Immunology is the branch of microbiology and it is the study of the immune systems. Or also we can say that the immune systems study all organisms. Microbiology and immunology join hands with each other because the microbes that cause the disease cause an immune response and deal with the immunity system during infection.
- Top 5 Biology Research Topics That Is Very Useful For Students
- Importance Of Physics In Different Sectors
Now you have seen all important biology branches, so now you are able to understand all about the biology branches.
Also, get the best services on biology assignment help, biology assignment, help with biology assignment, biology homework help, help with biology homework, help me with my biology homework, need help with biology homework, biology homework help online.
Our CallTutors content team provides complete guidance on how to write your assignment, thesis, essay, dissertation, and so on excellently. We are in this field for the past ten years, and all our team has experienced experts. They all are qualified from top universities in the world. Don’t worry about the timing! We are available 24/7 for your help. Moreover, our team also clears your doubts regarding any topic.
“CallTutors= Call anytime & get best Tutors guidance.”