COMM 171 Documented Essay Assignment - Part 1 and 2
1This 2-stage documented essay assignment is designed for you to apply the essay writing skills
you have developed in order to meet the following course learning outcomes:
- Write coherent and grammatically correct essays in response to readings, developing and
supporting a central idea/thesis appropriate to the intended audience;
- Demonstrate the knowledge of essay structure, mechanics of writing, and the function of
introductory, supporting and concluding paragraphs in essay writing in response to
- Apply the skills of editing and proofreading to compose, revise, and edit written
assignments so that they are consistently free of errors in spelling, syntax and grammar;
- Integrate quotations, information, and ideas from sources used, and provide
documentation in the APA format using parenthetical references and an APA reference
Part 1 –
1. Read assigned readings and consider as a reference
2. Create an outline for the documented essay.
Part 2 –
1. Working with your outline edit and revise your essay structure and sentences.
2. Revise/create an academic outline for your essay.
3. Integrate references to the readings in APA parenthetical style (minimum of 4
references, 1 must be a secondary source).
4. Revise your essay into proper APA style including an APA title page, proper spacing,
parenthetical references and a reference page. (Your reference page must include at
least 4 sources).
Get Free Quote!
403 Experts Online