Enterprise Architecture Framework Research Paper Assignment
Purpose of this Assignment
This assignment gives you the opportunity to apply your research skills, analysis, and critical thinking skills to describe one of the enterprise architecture (EA) frameworks. This will provide you an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of one of the frameworks commonly used. This assignment specifically addresses the following course outcomes:
Select one of the enterprise architecture frameworks listed below:
Research and write a paper that describes the chosen framework. Your description will include:
· Beginning paragraph to introduce the selected framework
· Framework’s purpose, scope, principles, and the kinds of structures it uses, as appropriate to the framework. Ensure that you adequately cover these four attributes.
· Provide a Graphic or image that shows the structure of the model you have chosen. This provides a good visual of what you are explaining and provides additional context.
· Provide analysis of the framework’s strengths and weaknesses.
· Find more than two examples of organizations that have used the framework and briefly discuss them. (NOTE: More than two examples are required to receive all possible points; see Grading Rubric below.) Apply critical thinking, especially when describing the structure and its strengths and weaknesses.
· Concluding paragraph to wrap-up key points.
Your paper will be graded on both the accuracy and completeness of your description. Please be mindful of how you research and provide on-line sources. Refer to UMUC’s policy on plagiarism especially as it pertains to unauthorized student resources.
Your paper should be 3-5 pages in length (not counting any cover sheet or reference pages). The use of at least three external scholarly resources (other than class materials) is required. (NOTE: More than three external resources are required to receive all possible points; see Grading Rubric below.) You should use scholarly journals (rather than Wikipedia and authorless website postings). If you need assistance with determining what a scholarly journal is, the UMUC library is a very good source of information, accessed via the following link: http://www.umuc.edu/library/libhow/articles.cfm. Remember to correctly cite and reference all sources using APA format.
Submit your paper in Word format via your Assignments Folder as an attached document with your last name included in the filename.