MODULE TITLE: Computing Infrastructure
You have been hired as an Infrastructure Architect by Optinet Ltd which is specialized in providing IT equipment (software & Hardware) and maintenance. Your roles and responsibilities include the following:
§ to analyze existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization.
§ to coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should.
§ to analyze business requirements to identify where possible to integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
With the expansion, Optinet has secured a new office in the north of England (Liverpool), and you have been approach by the Chief Information Officer (CIO) to write a technology proposal in the form of a report that will outline computing infrastructure options to support the digital services provided by your company to its newly acquired location.
Some details about the firm:
· business processes are digitally supported; therefore, high availability and operational performance is essential for the firm's operations
· security is crucial since sensitive clients’ medical information is stored for remote consultancies
· a Data Centre is situated at the main site in London
· thirty (30) consulting executives will staff the new site in Liverpool; however, there is currently no technological infrastructure in place and will have to be procured
Produce a 3000-word report (+10% and -10% tolerances are acceptable).
The report should detail and justify the proposed systems’ hardware and software, including related features to support the firm’s digital services. Furthermore, a reasonable networking strategy should be included with details of principles and protocols to support digital services. A network diagram must be included and discussed in this section.
· It is expected that you will make your own assumptions due to the lack of specificity in the scenario; however, all assumptions should be reasonable and explicitly stated in your report.
· A thorough discussion of alternative solutions and models including justification of your chosen strategy should be included.
· Harvard referencing format must be used to credit secondary research sources. In-text citations should be included within your discussion (where relevant) using the author-date format and full reference details should be included in your bibliography.
· Diagrams should be captioned and discussed in the body of your report.
· A table of contents should be included
· Page numbers should be inserted in the center of the footer.