As a member of CapraTek's (fictional company) HR team, you are to use the Candidate Selection simulation and write a memorandum to the HR manager with the internal candidates you have selected for interviewing and your rationale.
Using the Candidate Selection simulation, review the backgrounds and experience of CapraTek's internal candidates. Hint: Familiarize yourself with the job description and requirements before reviewing the resumes submitted for this position. Write a memorandum to CapraTek's HR manager.
In your memorandum:
- Assess which candidates meet the job requirements.
- Articulate why the selected candidates should be interviewed for CapraTek's position. From the candidate pool, select the top three.
- Examine assessment methods and the sequence of use for screening candidates. Keep in mind the budget as you select different methods.
- Explain how technology impacts the selected assessment methods. Methods may include compensatory, hurdles, weighted, and others from this unit's readings.
- Articulate possible legal issues tied to screening candidates.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional.
- Written communication: Written communication is thoughtful and free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length of assignment: 6-7 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Ideas must be communicated in a clear, well organized manner so that your presentation can be understood and easily followed.
Here is the candidate selection document
Your memorandum should meet the following requirements: