- Using two examples, each from different disciplines (i.e. painting and a piece of music OR architecture and sculpture), explain how the "human condition" is portrayed in 20th-century arts and humanities.
- Using two specific examples from two different architects, analyze the introduction of "function" in architecture during the 20th century.
- Using at least two examples of plays by two different playwrights, analyze how the search for the "American Dream" was portrayed in 20th-century theater.
- Analyze the cultural changes that took place during the 20th century as shown in the aesthetics of that period.
- Using at least two specific examples, analyze the influence that Existentialism had on 20th-century humanities.
- Discuss the theme of death portrayed in 20th-century art -- visual arts, music, and theater especially.
1.) Turn in an annotated bibliography of at least 4 academic quality sources. The bibliography must be composed in APA format. The annotations should be 2-3 sentences in length and briefly explain the content of the source as it relates to the topic of the paper.
2.) Turn in an outline which details the topics/subtopics of the paragraphs. Please include your annotated bibliography and note in the outline where you plan to use your sources by noting the name of the author. You can turn in a partial or whole draft of the essay (with source citations) in lieu of the outline, but if submitting a partial draft “fill in” the structure of the paper with an outline of the remaining topics to be drafted.