Multiple Choice Questions about Data Storage
Questions/cases provided by the EMC Academic Alliance
Part I: Multiple Choice Questions (Each correct answer 1.5 points)
1. What is an example of semi-structured data?
D. PDF file
2. Why do organizations seek to store, protect, optimize, and leverage information?
A. To derive new business opportunity
B. To increase dependency on fast and reliable access to information
C. To promote growth of digital information
D. To reduce the investment in deploying security
3. What is the benefit of Big Data analytics?
A. Enables mobile access to information
B. Enables data-driven decision making
C. Enables IT as a service
D. Enables elimination of IT silos
4. What is the benefit of virtualization?
A. It enables maintaining conformance to resource configuration standards
B. It automatically configures and provisions resources to support services
C. It consolidates and improves the utilization of physical IT resources
D. It ensures continuous availability of services in the event of a failure
5. Which statement is true about solid-state drive?
A. Stores data on a circular disk with a ferromagnetic coating
B. Stores data on a semiconductor-based memory
C. Stores data on a polycarbonate disc with a reflective coating
D. Stores data on a thin plastic film with a magnetic coating
6. Which storage architecture does the graphic represent?
7. Which factors affect the performance of a disk drive?
A. Rotational latency, number of platters, and data transfer time
B. Seek time, rotational latency, and number of read/write heads
C. Seek time, rotational latency, and data transfer time
D. Data transfer time, number of cylinders, and rotational latency
8. Which component of an intelligent storage system performs functions such as provisioning, tiering,
and cache management?
B. Solid-state drive
C. Flash cache
D. Host bus adapter
9. Which is the time taken by the platter of a hard disk drive to position data under the read/write head?
A. Seek time
B. Disk service time
C. Data transfer rate
D. Rotational latency
10. In the graphic, A1, A2, A3; B1, B2, B3; and C1, C2, C3 represent data.
Ap, Aq, Bp, Bq, Cp, and Cq represent parity. Which RAID level does the graphic represent?
A. RAID 5
B. RAID 6
C. RAID 3