Option #1: Policy Analysis of the Affordable Care Law
For your project, analyze the Affordable Care Law in a 9-10 page paper not including the title or references pages. In your analysis you will need to address the following:
- How all three branches of government were involved in its creation, and the issues associated with their involvement.
- The role of public opinion and lobbying groups and their impact on the laws development
- The balance of markets and their participation in the program
- The concepts of equity, efficiency, and effectiveness and their role in the law and its passage
- The initial anticipated effects on cost, quality, and access and whether the projections were correct or incorrect
- The anticipated effects on Medicare and the aging as well as Medicaid and the poor.
Review the Capstone Grading Rubric in the Module 7 folder.
Preliminary Deliverables that will be factored into your Capstone Project:
- For Module 1, you will post any questions about the content or requirement of the Capstone assignment to the questions thread. If you have no questions, acknowledge that you have read the assignment by responding to the appropriate discussion thread. (5 points)
- In Module 2 you will submit your assignment option choice for your Capstone Project (5 points)
- In Module 3, you will submit an annotated bibliography for your project. (10 points)
Your paper must utilize 4-5 scholarly sources from the CSU-Global Library. You may not use the required readings from the course. You may use sources from reliable public media.
All assignments must be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
In Module 6, you will submit a first draft of the Capstone Project with a properly APA-formatted bibliographic list of the sources for that project (20 points). First drafts should be 4-5 pages in length for Option 1 or 7-10 presentation slides for Option 2.
Additionally, you will be expected to account for the instructor’s feedback in each draft and the final version of the assignment.
Here is the link