1. Time allowed to write this midterm is 120 Minutes.
2. This Midterm is worth 30% of your nal grades.
3. This Midterm contains 8 pages and 16 questions. Total of points is 85.
4. Write your name and number on the solution sheet and tick mark your answer on the solution sheet.
1. (10 points) The standard deviation of a sample was reported to be 13. The report
indicated that Pn
i=1(xi − x¯)
2 = 2535. The sample size is
Use this information to answer question 2 to question 4: Use the following
contingency table which shows the results of 170 Yorkville students in Mathematics and
English to answer the next three multiple choice questions:
2. (3 points) What is the probability that randomly selected student takes a course in
Mathematics and fails?
3. (5 points) What is the probability that randomly selected student either takes a course
in Mathematics or fails?
Get Free Quote!
296 Experts Online