To respond to various computer security breaches and perform a proper
forensics investigation, it is important to ensure that tried and true
tools and software are utilized. Tool testing provides a confirmation
that the tool or software that you are using to perform a forensic
investigation is performing the actions that you intend and nothing
The U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (Links to an external site.) has a rigorous testing program for computer forensic tools and equipment.
Write a paper that addresses these three sections:
- Provide an overview of the NIST Computer Forensic Tool Testing
(CFTT) program and its usefulness to computer forensic investigators.
- Describe in detail the work that NIST has done in testing “disk imaging” and “deleted file recovery” tools.
- Describe the significance and importance of the various computer forensic offerings from NIST.
- Visit https://www.nist.gov/itl/ssd/digital-forensics (Links to an external site.) for additional information.
Your paper must meet the following requirements:
- 4-5 pages in length, not including the cover page and reference page.
- Formatted according to the Writing and APA . Include an introduction, a body with fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Be clearly and well written, using excellent grammar and style
techniques. Be concise. Be logical. You are being graded in part on the
quality of your writing. If you need assistance with your writing
style, visit the Writing Center (Links to an external site.), which is also accessible from the Library’s homepage.
- Support your paper with at least two peer-reviewed, scholarly
references. The Library is a great place to find these