1 Aims of Assignment
• To gain a thorough understanding of Load Flow analysis, balanced and unbalanced fault level analysis, power and voltage control in addition to the impacts of reactive power compensation.
• To enhance the student learning process, by relating the theory and analytical procedures to computer aided techniques for system analysis and problems solving.
2 Learning Outcomes The student will be able to:
• Design simple power networks incorporating typical high voltage and low voltage components (e.g. overhead lines, transformers, cables, and analyse their performance.
• Describe the principles of power grid solutions (e.g. the use of reactive power compensators) and analyse simple power networks incorporating these solutions.
• Become competent in using commercially available software packages for system design and analysis of modern power engineering and appreciate the difference with theory.
• Become competent in power systems analysis incorporating a variety of
Get Free Quote!
344 Experts Online