Your firm provides remote medical consultancies. It has recently announced intent to expand their operations. A smaller site in London has been secured to oversee their business interests in the south of England; the main office in Manchester will continue to support operations in the north of England and manage international clientele
As an Infrastructural Architect, your role is to present a technology proposal to the Chief Information Officer (CIO). This proposal will be in the form of a report and will outline Computing Infrastructure options to support the digital services provided by your firm for its new location.
Some details about the firm:
• business processes are digitally-supported; therefore, high availability and operational performance is essential for the firm's operations
• security is crucial since sensitive clients’ medical information is stored for remote consultancies
• a Data Centre is situated at the main site in Manchester
• thirty (30) consulting executives will staff the new site in London; however, there is currently no technological infrastructure in place and will have to be procured
Instructions Produce a 4000-word report (+10% and -10% tolerances are acceptable).
The report should detail and justify the proposed systems’ hardware and software,
including related features to support the firm’s digital services. Furthermore,
a reasonable networking strategy should be included with details of principles and protocols to support digital services.
A network diagram must be included and discussed in this section
It is expected that you will make your own assumptions due to the lack of specificity in the scenario; however, all assumptions should be reasonable and explicitly stated in your report. • A thorough discussion of alternative solutions and models including justification of your chosen strategy should be included.
The Harvard referencing format must be used to credit secondary research sources. In-text citations should be included within your discussion (where relevant) using the author-date format and full reference details should be included in your bibliography. For further details, click here.
• A Table of Contents should be included.
• All diagrams should be captioned and referred to within your discussion.
• You should include a word-count at the end of the assessment section where a word count applies. This should exclude references, figures and appendices.
Get Free Quote!
306 Experts Online