E-commerce 101 Assignment
1. Evaluate the characteristics of e-commerce.
2. Demonstrate effective use of technology for communication.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of an e-commerce Web site.
4. Explain the security and threats in the e-commerce environment.
5. Analyze basic concepts of consumer behavior and purchasing decisions.
6. To apply critical thinking by the students.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The word count for this assignment must be between 2500 to 3000 words.
Assignment Objectives & Requirements:
1. To create a new E-commerce business, which is located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,
which include the followings: (300 – 400 words)
a. Introduction to your business.
b. Product and type of services.
c. Business statement.
d. Business vision.
e. Business objective.
2. To explain your business E-commerce processes. (100 – 200 words)
3. To apply a SWOT analysis to your business. (100 – 200 words)
4. Building the E-commerce website. (100 – 200 words)
a. How it will look likes in terms of design and format (draft).
5. Student is required to explain its E-commerce system functionality, such as: (200 – 300
a. The product menu will show all the products we have in stoke.
b. The contact button will have all the company contact details, social media links
Facebook, Instagram, etc.
6. System design (Picture attachment).
7. Determine the suitable software and hardware needed with an explanation of why it’s
needed. (300- 400 words)
a. What type of functionality needed on your website, such as CRM?
b. What type of hardware needed? Do you need a server or it will be in the cloud?
8. Identifying security issues as well as how to avoid it. (200 – 300 words)
a. What type of security? To whom or to what?