Literature AnalysisUse this Resource :
- Lennard, J. (2007).William Shakespeare: Hamlet. Penrith, England: Humanities-Ebooks.
- Competency 1: Assess the role of narrative structure and dramatic form in modern drama.
- Competency 2: Explain how Shakespeare'sHamlet externalizes the inner thoughts of Hamlet.
- Extrapolate the use of soliloquy to dramatize personal character.
- Competency 3: Express a unique personal narrative in soliloquy form.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively in forms appropriate to the humanities.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- * Select one of Hamlet's soliloquies from the play and analyze how it displays his inner thoughts for the audience in dramatic form.
- *Compose a soliloquy using evidence from the play that expresses the point of view of one of the following characters: Gertrude, Claudius, Ophelia, or Polonius. Into which act of the play would you insert this additional speech?
- * Write a soliloquy for yourself, expressing the central narrative of your own life in dramatic form. Think of yourself as a character explaining yourself to an audience that does not include those who play the most important roles in your life.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length: 6-7 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Reading the text of Shakespeare's Hamlet, you noticed the playwright's use of extended monologues, or soliloquies, to express Hamlet's thoughts and feelings in dramatic form. Now you will write an essay in which you explore the use of this technique in three distinct ways:
****I have attached a sample paper below in what your paper should look like, prior to submitting be sure to refer to the Literature Analysis Scoring Guide I've attached below to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.