Monitor and control finances
Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details.
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to monitor and control finances.
In response to the scenario provided, you will create a simple spreadsheet budget to capture
monitoring information. Using the information provided to you by your assessor, you will then use the
budget spreadsheet to produce a report on expenditure in accordance with organizational policies
and procedures. You will also modify a contingency plan.
1. Read through the scenario provided in Appendix 1 to this assessment task and tasks A and
2. Design and develop a spreadsheet to capture budgeted and actual figures to produce a
3. Access actual budget figures from relevant managers and accounting systems (assessor).
4. Monitor and record actual figures.
5. Consider feedback from team members.
6. Produce a variance report as per organizational requirements.
7. Consider the scenario information and contingency plan provided and analyze the variance
8. Modify the contingency and implementation plans provided in the scenario to improve
9. Submit all documents required in the specifications below to your assessor. Ensure you
keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.
You must provide:
Your assessor will be looking for:
Adjustment for distance-based learners