Written Response #4 Questions on Chapter 10 INCENTIVES Answer Discussion Questions 4, 6 and 7 on page 332 as restated below. Read Case Study: “Motivation Through Incentives at Hewlett Packard” on pages 320-321 and answer questions 1, 2, and 3. Questions on Chapter 11 Benefits and answer questions 2, 5, and 7 on page 358. Read Case Study: “Benefits at PwC” on pages 351-352 and answer questions 1 and 2. Written responses must be typed, size 12 font, double spaced and written in proper English in complete sentences. For each question, answer approximately 4-5 sentences (one paragraph), sufficiently to demonstrate thought and understanding. Estimated total length for this assignment: 5-6 pages. Grading criteria: total possible points 20 (score represents 5% of total grade in the course)
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS –CHAPTER 10 (6 points in total; points as indicated for each
4) What incentives would you recommend to motivate a product development team responsible for creating new toys? (2 points)
6) What incentive plans do you think would be most effective at motivating attendance? (2 points)
7) What incentive plans do you thin would be most effective at motivating customer service? (2 points)
CASE STUDY: “Motivation through Incentives at Hewlett Packard”, pages 320-321 and answer questions 1, 2, and 3. (5 points in total; points per question as indicated)
1) What do you think were the biggest factors in the failure of the incentive program at HP? (2 points)
2) Why might employees prefer to have only fixed pay and no incentive pay if the incentive pay system meant that they could earn more money? (1 point)
2) What would you recommend that HP try instead of pay for performance to accomplish their initial goals of increasing productivity and focusing employees on team rather than individual performance? (2 points)
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS –CHAPTER 11 (5 points in total; points as indicated for each question)
2) Are there any benefits that an employer unable to pay a market-competitive salary could offer that could overcome the lower pay? (2 points)
5) How can employers simultaneously meet the benefit needs of diverse employees with different needs? (2 points)
7) How can employers do a better job communicating the total value of what they give employees through both direct and indirect compensation? (1 point)
CASE STUDY: “Benefits at PwC” on pages 351-352 and answer questions 1 and 2. (4 points in total; 2 points per question)
1) What are the advantages offering core benefits? Why not let employees choose all of their benefits?
2) How might offering such a variety of benefits create a competitive advantage for PwC?
Get Free Quote!
321 Experts Online