SEE 2005 Online – The Business of Sports
Graded Element #2 - Collegiate Athletics
The purpose of this exercise is to examine how American colleges and universities with major NCAA athletic programs market their products and services to fans. College athletics have become big-time business in the American sports landscape.
1. Connect to the websites listed below and provide the following analysis:
2. Evaluate and describe the approaches each athletic program uses to present their events and service experiences.
3. Critique all the web sites and explain the various ways each program attempts to generate revenue. In other words, what are they selling on their website (i.e. tickets, etc.)?
4. Identify the athletic program you believe does the best job of presenting its experiences and explain why.
5. Which athletics program do you feel needs to improve how it presenting its experiences and provide three ways they can do so.
Athletics Website Addresses
Alabama Crimson Tide
Duke Blue Devils