XYZ Camera Warehouse is a distribution company that manages the shipping and inventory of camera
equipment. Their head of marketing has asked you to develop an interactive dashboard and presentation to
help answer and provide recommendations to the following questions:
● How have the trends in each customer base by camera brand changed over time?
○ You will need to analyze these trends in two different ways:
i. Outbound and inbound shipping events
ii. Cameras that are physically “in the field” with customers
● Hint: this may require creating a table that allows a user to determine whether a
specific camera is “in the field” with a customer on any given day
● Which camera brands do customers prefer the most as a percentage of the total over time?
● Which camera brands are most popular per capita by state from 2016 to 2018?
Included in this challenge are two data sets: “shipping_events.csv” and “customer_locations.csv”
● shipping_events : Each record represents either a “Shipped” or “Returned” event for a given
customer and camera. There are no restrictions on how long a customer may keep a camera.
● customer_location : Each record represents a customer, the camera they ordered, and the
geographic state where they are located.
As part of the interactive dashboard design, the product management team is primarily interested in seeing
the data by camera brand and would like to be able to dynamically:
● Adjust the date aggregation at the day, week, month, quarter, and year level
● Toggle between showing raw counts and percent share
Since the state population data will need to be updated periodically, please use a publicly available API to
retrieve these data.