Are you interested in knowing the comparison between Minitab vs SPSS? Would you like to know the key difference that no one will tell you about Minitab vs SPSS? If yes, then you are at the right place. Minitab vs SPSS is always a big concern among statistics students. Before going deeper, Let’s start with a short introduction to each of these terms.
Introduction to Minitab
Minitab is statistical software which is designed for allowing users to focus on the data analysis and data interpretation by automating the calculations and the graphs creations. To assist the students, it was created to use for the purpose of teaching including all resources and tools. To access, manipulate and retrieve responses to problems, it provides a powerful and easy way. For small, medium and large enterprises, it is one of the best tools. It is intended for Six Sigma experts only.
How do I use the Minitab in Excel?
Go back to the Minitab, then activate that cell in which you want to paste, after that choose Paste from the edit menu. And there is a second way also in which you select the option from the File menu ‘Open worksheet’ in Minitab. Then choose the file type you want to import (this can be a text file, minitab file, an excel file, and so on).
How much is the Minitab?
From the education pages, students and faculty members can buy or rent the full version of Minitab. And for the five months rental cost is $29.99, for 12 months the cost is $49.99, and $99.99 to buy.
Introduction to SPSS
SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) is one of the best and powerful tools which is used for the social sciences research. It helps to analyze and to understand the data in a better way to solve the difficult business problems. And spss also provides excellent features such as text analysis, vast machine learning library, integration with big data for solving the problems with minimum risk and maximum efficiency. It is user friendly or easy to use and it is suitable for all types of projects. It is used for statistical analysis and research by the researchers. And to integrate with the other open-source software, it uses the languages like R, Python.
What is the use of SPSS?
SPSS is the abbreviation of the statistical package for social sciences. To perform statistical analysis, researchers use it. SPSS used for performing the statistical operations.
What is the cost of SPSS?
IBM SPSS Statistics. Now, statistical analysis is even easier. For free try SPSS Statistics. Starting at $99.00 USD per user per month.
Minitab vs SPSS: The Key Differences
There are so many differences between Minitab vs SPSS. And some of the key differences between the Minitab and SPSS are given below:
- SPSS treats each and every column as a variable, on the other hand Minitab doesn’t treat the same.
- Minitab is used for teaching and it is easy to use. And it is a powerful tool that can perform statistical research operations. On the other hand SPSS is used for social sciences research and it is good at performing statistical and mathematical operations.
- Minitab has the infrastructure which is powerful and on the internet, it has large community support. On the other hand SPSS also has a large community support, but it is less than Minitab.
- To use the Minitab software there is one drawback that is the point and click functionality which becomes repetitive and monotonous when changing to the different windows or tabs. On the other hand it is not in SPSS software.
- Minitab has many graphical tools that allow the users to draw the different types of graphs like the box plots, histogram, matrix plots, etc. On the other hand SPSS has comparatively less graphical tools. So to make the results more intuitive, the user has to apply more tools.
- Various extraordinary features are provided for data handling in SPSS such as excluding data, transforming variables, and dealing with missing values. On the other hand Minitab has features such as forecasting, multivariate analysis, data linking, excel loader, etc.
- SPSS offers a wide suite of various tools for analysis such as multidimensional scaling, discriminant analysis, factor analysis, etc. On the other hand it is not provided in the Minitab.
- To deal with the problems of six sigma, Minitab is used and it gives the extrapolate responses and efficient solutions to the highest degree. On the other hand, SPSS is used to deal with the research of social sciences to check theories, data management, mathematical calculations, and monitoring.
Minitab vs SPSS: In Tabular Form
|Minitab is a software which is mainly used for the quality management and for instructional applications it is well suited.||SPSS is used for the statistical analysis and statistical research by the researchers.|
|In fortran language Minitab is written.||In java language SPSS is written.|
|For beginners, working in the Minitab is simple and easy.||For beginners, working in the SPSS is difficult.|
|Minitab has the infrastructure which is powerful and on the internet, it has large community support.||SPSS has large and powerful community support also, but it is less than the Minitab.|
|Minitab is less powerful than SPSS, because it doesn’t treat every column as a variable.||For researchers, to work on SPSS is more powerful because it treats every column as a variable.|
|Minitab provides some special features for working of data easily, less than the SPSS.||To manipulate the data which is complex one with simple instructions, SPSS provides some advanced features and statistical packages to the users.|
|The features of Minitab which are the important ones are the statistical simulation, excel loader, performance metrics, data linking, data entry, regression analysis, etc.||The features of SPSS which are the important ones are the collaboration, predictive analysis, and data mining.|
|The availability of the Minitab is on the Windows platform.||The availability of the SPSS is on the Windows and Web App platform.|
|Minitab provides support to its customers such as phone, email, and ticket support.||SPSS provides only email support to its customers.|
In this blog, we have discussed the key differences of Minitab vs SPSS. And we hope that you now get enough knowledge about the Minitab vs SPSS. But if you face any problem anywhere, then you can ask us for spss homework help. And feel free to contact us anytime. We are always ready to help you.
Which is better Minitab or SPSS?
Excel spreadsheet software, is the SPSS statistical analysis software. You can do some statistical analysis in Minitab, but SPSS is more powerful. SPSS treats Every column as a variable but Minitab doesn’t treat column in that way.
What is the work of SPSS in research?
SPSS is the statistical package for social science. It is mainly used for further analysis of the computer-based program, research, and statistics descriptive for data entry. In health research, we use SPSS. It helps us for doing the regression to the evaluation of large scale evaluations and forecasts.