FIN307 Principles of Finance Questions
50 words each question.
1. A financial system consists of both financial institutions and financial markets. Financial markets bring the “key players” together and their funds. For this discussion, choose one of the functions of the financial markets and discuss how financial institutions play a role in this process.
2. The financial crisis was caused by several factors related to investments in real estate. This week, we have discussed a variety of reasons why the financial crisis occurred. For this discussion, choose one of these reasons and discuss why you believe this reason was at the root of 2008 financial crisis and recession. In addition, discuss what legislation has been enacted to prevent this event from taking place in the future and causing another financial crisis.
3. Ratio analysis enables stockholders, lenders, and the firm’s managers to evaluate the firm’s financial performance. Compare and contrast who uses financial ratios and for what purposes they use the ratio
4. Discuss the simplified procedures used to prepare and evaluate the pro forma income statement and the pro forma balance sheet. What ethical issues do you believe are present in these procedures and how does the SOX Act address these concerns? In your response, you should also discuss the judgmental approach.
5. The firm's self-supporting growth rate is influenced by the firm's capital intensity ratio. The more assets the firm requires to achieve a certain sales level, the lower its sustainable growth rate will be. Many experts argue that it is better for an organization to grow organically or by putting the money back into the business and not taking on debt. Consider your own organization that you currently work for or have worked for in the past. What is their approach to growing the business? How would you advise your company based on what you have learned this week in terms of self-supporting growth?
6. Managerial entrenchment occurs when managers gain so much power that they can use the firm to further their own interests rather than the interests of shareholders. The shareholders are essential to the organization. For this discussion, consider that you are the CEO of a large public-traded organization. What steps would you take to ensure that your management team makes decisions for the better of the stakeholders and not their own interests? Provide specific steps based on your research of organizations that have faced this issue in the past.
Get Free Quote!
431 Experts Online