Federal Law Case Presentation Assignment
For this assignment, you will complete a PowerPoint presentation that highlights a case that involved one of the federal laws studied in this lesson. You may pick a case where a health care organization violated the False Claims Act, Antitrust laws, HIPAA or HITECH legislation.
You have a choice of how you wish to complete this assignment. You could choose to create a power point slide deck or you could create a brief YouTube video presenting the details of the case.
Complete a 10 -12 slide PowerPoint presentation that outlines your chosen case. Include:
· A title slide (2 points)
· An introductory slide (3 points)
· 3-4 slides that present an overview of the main points of the case (10 points total for these two slides)
· At least one slide that presents what the health care organization was required to do following the federal investigation. (5 points)
· A concluding slide on the responsibilities of a compliance officer in this type of situation (3 points)
· A final slide with at least two references. These should be written in standard format, NOT just URLs. (5 points)
· Include brief speaker notes for each slide (5 points)
Your presentation should use a design template that makes the information easy to read. Consider background colors, slide layout, and font faces. A tip—do NOT use a tiny font to cram more information onto a slide!
Complete a 5 to 7 minute video discussing the case you chose for the assignment. Include:
· An introduction to include your own name and the case you chose (2 points)
· The reason why you found this case interesting (3 points)
· Details about the case (10 points)
· Discussion on what the health care organization needed to do following completion of the case (5 points)
· A conclusion on the responsibilities of a compliance officer in this type of situation (3 points)
· A conclusion with your personal thoughts on the case (5 points
· A statement on where you found the information for your presentation (5 points)
Provide a list of references, either at the end of your PPT or as a Word document if you create a video.
If you choose to create a video, upload it to YouTube and provide the URL.
Include the term Sample and your Last Name when saving your file. Example: Sample_Smith.ppt
Upload your completed document using the Browse button, and then click the Submit button.
Points Possible: 40
33 points for content as outlined above
4 points for visual appeal (PPT) or audio-visual aids (video)
3 points for references
Get Free Quote!
413 Experts Online