Directions: Select a topic that you would like to argue and create an argumentative essay about your topic.
● Must be written in MLA format (correct heading, title, Times New Roman, Size 12, Works Cited Page).
● Must be at least three pages.
● Include at least three different sources (may use more).
● Must have a creative title
● The topic can NOT be about abortions or legalizing marijuana.
An argument has these features:
● An introduction that states the issue being debated, identifies the issue’s two or more sides, and usually offers an explicit thesis that the argument will support.
● An objective summary of opposing views, including their strengths.
● A point-by-point discussion of the limitations of your position.
● A summary of your viewpoint and your understanding of the issue.
● A point-by-point discussion of both strengths and limitations of your positions, arguing overall that yours is superior.
● A conclusion that drives home your thesis and looks to the future.