Pati, R. (2010). Due process and international terrorism (published as part of a series: Studies in Intercultural Human Rights). Martinus Nijhoff Press. ISBN: 978-9004172388
Submit a 5-7 page, APA formatted paper that addresses the following:
- Beginning on page 430 of the textbook, review the rights under Common Article 3 as well as Customary International Humanitarian Law. Explain:
- What Common Article 3 is and what is stands for;
- How it applies to terrorist attacks and other criminal actions for which defendants are charged for committing acts against nation states;
- How it relates to due process rights and human rights.
- On page 438 of the textbook, the author discusses the Indefinite Detention to Prevent Future Acts of Terrorism or to Investigate Past Such Acts.
- Describe, explain, and discuss what the author is referring to in this section.
- Provide your opinion regarding the issues being addressed in this particular section.