Section 1: Theory (10 points) - 5 questions about topics discussed in class. Please limit each answer to 100 words.
Section 2: Database Design (10 points) - 3 database design questions requiring ER diagrams.
Section 3: Data Analysis with SQL (20 points) - Query a dataset and submit a 1 page report diagnosing problems and providing resolutions and recommendations.
Section 4: Data Visualization on top of SQL (15 points) - Build an operational dashboard using Google Data Studio.
Section 1: Theory (10 points)
In this section, you will answer 5 questions about topics we discussed in class. Each question is worth 2 points. Please limit each answer to 100 words.
1. What is a Data Moat? Why is it important to have one?
2. What is the difference between OLAP and OLTP Databases? Why would you choose one over the other?
3. What are the 3 different roles in a modern data team? Which problems do each of them solve? How do they compare with each other?
4. What is the difference between the WHERE and HAVING clauses?
5. How would you define the relationship between employees and offices in
the Entity Relationship (ER) model? Please provide an explanation why
using real world examples.