Choose a job that you are interested in. For this assignment, you may relate it to your term project by choosing a movie theater job title, or you may choose an unrelated job. However, you may not choose your own current job(s).
You may work with one partner, or on your own.
Develop a test or assessment for the job. While the assessment does not have to be a written or typed test, it should not be an interview situation (interviews will be covered at length in the next module).
Start by providing:
· Job Title
· Brief Job Description
· Brief List of KSAOs (this can be presented in outline format/bullet points)
Describe your test in detail and provide a minimum of 3 sample items/questions. Be sure to:
· Describe how you will develop the test (hint – think of job analysis)
· Describe what type of test it is
· Explain when and where in the selection process it will occur and who will administer it (e.g., immediately after application vs. closer to the end of the selection process, computerized/online vs. at the jobsite, proctored vs. unproctored, HR staff vs. hiring managers, etc.). Remember to give consideration to why you made these choices
· Discuss relative costs/person hours required to administer it and how this relates to the utility of the test
· Discuss how you will address and balance any issues related to reliability, validity, applicant perceptions, fake-ability, utility, and adverse impact
Expect to take about 3-4 pages (double-spaced, 12 point font) to complete this assignment. Your work will be graded on content, clarity, creativity, correctness, and, above all, critical thinking per the HRA Written Assignment Rubric.