Create a blog post (250 words) that draws on the subject’s resources (please indicate which ones using APA referencing). The following questions can guide you to start thinking about what you could include in your blog post.
- Explore who you are in terms of the 7 categories of “otherness” from Tatum’s article- race or ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age and physical or mental ability. Which parts of your identity are associated with dominant groups, and which ones with subordinate groups? What reactions do you have when asked to think about yourself in this way?
- Explore your identity in relation to the 3 Rs from Selasi’s TED talk. Discuss how this analysis of your identity differs from your findings from the one you did in response to Tatum’s (2000) article.
- What strategies have you used so far in your life to try to get to know more about the multiple stories of others?
Required Learning ResourcesUntitled Document
- Read Tatum, B. (2000). The complexity of identity: “Who am I?” In M. Adams, W. Blumenfeld, H. Hackman, X. Zuniga & M. Peters (Eds.), Readings for diversity and social justice: An anthology on racism, sexism, anti-semitism, heterosexism, classism and ableism. New York: Routledge.
- Watch Chimamanda Adichie’s TED talk:
- Watch Taiye Selasi’s TED talk:
- Watch “What kind of Asian are you?”
- Note: 1) Please read the article given in attachment below
- 2) Please search three videos on YouTube with the help of YouTube link which is given above.