Use the Capella University Library or your own research to select a global organization and analyze a country (outside of the United States) in which it operates. Research the organization from a global human resources perspective. You will also need at least two resources to support your situational analysis for this global organization.
Write a 4-5-page situational analysis of a human resource or organizational function or process at a global organization, from the perspectives of the business, organization, and its culture. The purpose of your situational analysis should be to help inform strategic decisions within the organization. It should include the following:
- Articulate a human resource function or process within the selected global organization.
- Analyze the influences the selected HR function or process has on achieving the organization's strategy. Does the function or process align with the organization's goals?
- Explain ethical and legal considerations for the selected HR function or process. What is the impact of unaligned people and organizational strategies?
- Assess HR function or process influences from the cultural perspective of the selected organization.
- Assess how well the HR function or process meets (or does not meet) the global business environment.
- References:Support your situational analysis with at least two academic resources from the Capella University Library, as seen below. You must use proper APA style to list your references.
- Boulanger, M., & Kleiner, B. H. (2003).Preparing and interpreting collective bargaining agreements effectively.Management Research News, 26(2-4), 193.
- Coleman, C., & Wong, V. (2013).How to create a workplace people never want to leave.Business Week,(4325), 90-91.
- Dhal, M. (2015).HR practices & union management relationship.Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 50(4), 652-665.
- Griswold, D. (2010).Unions, protectionism, and U.S. competitiveness.Cato Journal, 30(1), 181-196.
- Lawler, J.J., Po-Chien, C., Woonki, H, Shyh-Jer, C., Pei-Chuan, W., & Johngseok, B. (2013).Going abroad: HR policies, national IR systems, and union activity in foreign subsidiaries of U.S. multinationals.Industrial & Labor Relations Review, 66(5), 1149-1171.
- Pedersen, Z. (2012).Using appreciative inquiry to focus on positives, transform workplace culture.Canadian HR Reporter, 25(14), 10, 12.
- Rakichevikj, G., Strezoska, J., & Najdeska, K. (2010).Professional ethics: Basic component of organizational culture.Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management in Opatija: Biennial International Congress, Tourism & Hospitality Industry, 1168-1177.
- Suryanarayana, A. (2012).HR competencies for sustainable change and talent management: Implications for HR professionals. Paper presented at the Singapore Global Science and Technology Forum, Singapore.
- Noe, R. A., Hollenbeck, J. R., Gerhart, B., & Wright, P. M. (2015).Human resource management: Gaining a competitive advantage(10th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
- Chapter 4, "The Analysis and Design of Work."
- Chapter 6, "Selection and Placement."
- Chapter 8, "Performance Management."
- Chapter 14, "Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations.
- Length: The body of the analysis must be 4-5 full pages, not including the references list, appendices, or the title page.
- Written communication: Demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through accurate communication of thoughts that convey the overall goals of the analysis and do not detract from the message.
- Formatting:Use APA formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no extra line spaces before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, one-inch margins all around, and no bullets.
- Font and font size:Times New Roman, 12 point.
Your analysis should be written coherently to support a central idea, in appropriate APA format, with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.
Capella University Library Resources
This resource is available from the Capella University Bookstore. When searching the bookstore, select "FlexPath" in the School category, and then select this course from the list.