ANALYTICAL CRITIQUE OF EMPIRICAL RESEARCH
The assignment aims to expose students to the wide range topics covered by children’s social, emotional and cognitive development research, and the methodologies that are utilized in implementing these studies. Students acquire skills of critical thinking, journal articles reviewing and analytical critiquing.
Students are required to choose one children’s social, emotional and cognitive aspect of interest and find two empirical journal articles related to the chosen aspect. Your chosen articles should focus on the same aspect, which you could review and make comparison. Write an analytic critique on these articles. Your report may include the following discussion:
1. What is the social, emotional and cognitive aspect of development focused in the articles?
2. What is the objective of the study?
3. What is the theory which guided the studies?
4. How the data collection was conducted?
5. What is the result of the study?
6. What is your major conclusion?
7. What is the implication you could draw from these two studies?
8. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the studies?
9. In what way (if any) does the information in one text strengthen or weaker the argument of others?
· What is social, emotional and cognitive development?
· Explain the aspect of social, emotional and cognitive development you chose
· Critical analysis of the two empirical studies in terms of objective, methods, results, and conclusion
· Critique the two studies by discussing the similarities and discrepancies
· Reflection on the analytical critique
· Based on APA 6th referencing style
· The two journal articles
Assessment : The marks allocated for each component are as below:
Written report (10%)
Introduction - 1 marks
Discussion - 6 marks
Conclusion - 1 mark
References - 1 mark
Structure - 1 mark
Font size - 12
Font style - Times New Roman
Paragraph - Double spacing
Alignment - Justify
Originality & Plagiarism :
Plagiarism of any kind
result in ZERO mark. Students are required to submit report
for originality checking.
of similarity is 20% and below